The Digital Me

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7

A few months ago when our television died, my wife and I purchased a High Definition set. Usually not ones to buy the latest techy gadgets (horrors!), we splurged a bit and got one, then upgraded to HD cable. I would never have thought that television could produce such increadibly clear pictures; amazing! It's like what the world would look like if you had better than 20/20 vision (is that possible?). I never really noticed how crappy the image on a CRT is until I saw the alternative. Who'da thunk?

HD is definitely an incredible application of technology to everyday life. It's just a shame that the programs on telelvision don't match the quality of the image. I'm afraid the television is still mostly a video monitor for our DVD and VHS (too many tapes to ditch it) players; we don't watch much network TV. Newton Minnow is still right, it's a vast wasteland.

No comments: