The Digital Me

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Week 5, Thing 12

I checked out Rollyo and created a searchroll about the arts in Baltimore and DC (http://rollyo.com/rmaranto/baltimore-d.c._arts/). With all of arts happening in both towns, it can be quite daunting to figure out what is happening where. My searchroll searches the Kennedy Center, the Baltimore Opera, An Die Musik, the BMA, the Walters, Center Stage, and the Washington Perfoming Arts Society websites. Like man of the tings I've done as part of the Maryland 23 Things project, I found this quite easy and intuitive.

Although I liked Rollyo, I prefer RSS because it actually sends the information to you. With Rollyo, it is obviously still necessary to do a search, even though it is much easier than visiting each of the sites seperately. Sometimes technology can actually make life a bit easier, and searchrolls are a good example!

No comments: