The Digital Me

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Week 6, Thing 13

Del.icio.us just doesn't work for me or for the way that I approach things. Like other things I've blogged about, I can see how other folks may find it of use, but I'm just not online enough (outside of work) for it to be useful in my life. The social aspect also leaves me very cold; I'm afraid my social life tends to revolve around actual people in close proximity to me. Very old-fashioned, I know, but it works for me. Heck, I never was even interested in having a pen pal when such things were "in" and up-to-date!

In spite of the fact that I might never use Del.icio.us, I am glad to have learned about it. At the bare minimum it keeps me in touch with what is going on in the world of Internet-based technology, which is critical in librarianship. Sort of the electronic parallel to knowing the titles of best-sellers whether or not you've read them.

No comments: